New Year’s Transmission From the Universe

Nico in his bear jacket

Don’t wait for the fear to go away before you start your dream.
The only way to dissolve that fear is to begin your adventure.
We have to act alongside our fears, in the face of our fears, or we will never start.
It’s such a paradox.

The thing that stands in the way of us creating the life we want will only go away if we start creating it.

The good news is this: You will feel empowered by your first steps and they will give you the courage to take many more.

Take heart in knowing we are doing it together.

1. Posted January 3, 2012 at 1:48 am | Permalink

Right on. I told myself “if you are waiting for something to happen, stop waiting and happen.”

2. Sue Lynn
    Posted January 3, 2012 at 1:56 am | Permalink

Andrea: I just want to tell you how much inspiration you bring to me throughout the year. I know you struggle with so much in your life, just as we all do, but you can always manage to find that little grain of sweet sugar in the middle of all that sand, and hold it up to the light and share it with all of us who are bumbling through this world right along with you. I can always find inspiration here and I want to thank you for that. All the best to you and your family in 2012.

3. Jennifer Hagedorn Dizon
    Posted January 3, 2012 at 2:24 am | Permalink

Thank you for this ?

4. Jennifer Hagedorn Dizon
    Posted January 3, 2012 at 2:25 am | Permalink

*typo on “Thank you for this?”

The question mark was supposed to be a HEART.

5. Posted January 3, 2012 at 8:50 am | Permalink

Awesome words Andrea. Happy new year to you and yours. Hope 2012 kicks ass for you.

6. Posted January 3, 2012 at 1:52 pm | Permalink

Andrea! :) Thank you so much for this inspiring post! It’s a fabulous way to start the new year. So looking forward to taking you courses this year – my camera has never been far from my side – thank you for bringing that joy back into my life last year :) ‘see’ you soon – xoxo, Beth

7. Allison
    Posted January 3, 2012 at 2:55 pm | Permalink

Andrea, you continue to inspire me with your words, your creativity and your spirit – which is so lovely that it seems to jump right out of your blog to my heart. Your insight helps me to put fear aside (at least most of it) and put one foot in front of the other every day. I look forward to taking more of your courses this year. May 2012 bring you and your family much happiness.

8. Isavoyage
    Posted January 3, 2012 at 8:03 pm | Permalink

“Don’t wait for the fear to go away before you start your dream.”
    THIS is one of the most important idea I have heard in the last few years. At first, I had my doubts. I answered “but, if, what”. Then I gave it a tiny try and WOA.. It works!
    We are educated to fear fear. Let’s change and see it as an interesting point of view on things. Not more, not less. Just a point of view. There are lots and lots of other ways to see your projects than through the eyes of fear.
    Thank you Andrea, I read all your posts. you give so much!
    May 2012 be a beautiful year for you and your family (and all the world!).

9. emily
    Posted January 4, 2012 at 6:35 am | Permalink

:) I was just journaling about something like this! I wrote down something about having so much hope that this will be a wonderful year. And then I thought, no, SCRATCH THAT! This year will be wonderful because I am going to make it wonderful. And then I started to wonder, is that the problem with hope? I mean, for me, hope seems to translate into waiting. Waiting for happiness. Waiting for happiness to, I don’t know, HAPPEN. To me. Anyway, happy new year! And thank you, always, for sharing your thoughts.

10. Sandra
    Posted January 4, 2012 at 4:34 pm | Permalink

YES. Just yes. I am finally realizing this. Your first sentence stilled me. I am going to do so many things that I want to do this year that scare me. I hope that for you, too.

11. Shani
    Posted January 4, 2012 at 5:33 pm | Permalink

I love this! It’s just what I needed to hear. Thank you, Andrea!

12. Posted January 5, 2012 at 1:08 am | Permalink

I just forwarded this post to a handful of amazing friends who are doing awesome things this year. Thank you!!! You give such good pep talks!

13. Posted January 6, 2012 at 8:49 am | Permalink

Thank you for sharing. Fear and love go hand by hand. But love always wins, he-he-he :))))

14. Posted January 6, 2012 at 4:39 pm | Permalink

thank you for this reminder lovely Andrea… so true!

15. Posted January 8, 2012 at 12:38 pm | Permalink

So much truth, that took me a long time to learn, and a reminder is always in order. :) Wonderful Andrea.

16. Jenn S
    Posted February 27, 2012 at 6:11 pm | Permalink

this is going to be…a really random comment, i suspect. i have been following you since i was 16 when i read about you in one of Sark’s books. i’m almost 31 now. how’s that for wild?

so the random part is that i wanted to ask if once Nico outgrows the bear coat, you might be willing to sell it? it makes my heart sing, and my little guy (who’s 5 mos. now) would be so cute in it. i *totally* get it if it’s a sentimental thing, though.

2 Trackbacks